MTS2916A Dual Full-Bridge Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board
The MTS2916A Dual Full-Bridge Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board (ADM00308) demonstrates the capabilities of the MTS2916A to control both windings of a bipolar stepper motor. The board also demonstrates the capabilities of the MTS62C19A, which has the same functionality, but different pin assignments. A PIC16F883 is utilized for motor control processing.
This evaluation board incorporates features through the implementation of push button switches and a variable speed input potentiometer to exercise a stepper motor in Full-Step, Half-Step, Modified Half-Step and Microstepping modes. LEDs indicate a binary representation of which mode has been selected. The evaluation board and the stepper motor can be powered from a single power input J1 (7 VDC to 12 VDC) with jumper JP2 installed. For higher motor voltages, make sure JP2 is not installed, and connect VLOAD at J4. Numerous test points have been designed into the board to allow easy access.
Applications: Stepper Motor Actuators, DC Motor Actuators, Automotive HVAC Ventilation, Automotive Power Seats
- Push Button mode, Run, Hold and Direction control
- Potentiometer variable speed adjustment
- LED mode indication
- Maximum winding current with the combination of Rs, VREF and conditioning of I0/I1 logic inputs
- PICkit™ Programming connector (J5) to implement user-created code
- MTS2916A Dual Full-Bridge Stepper Motor Driver Evaluation Board (ADM00308)
- Important Information Sheet