Demo Board for MCP2200 USB to RS232
The MCP2200EV-VCP is a USB-to-RS232 development and evaluation board for the MCP2200 USB-to-UART device. The board allows for easy demonstration and evaluation of the MCP2200. The accompanying software allows the special device features to be configured and controlled. The board is powered from USB and has a test point associated with each GPIO pin. In addition, two of these pins are connected to LEDs which can be used to indicate USB-to-UART traffic when the associated pins are configured as TxLED and RxLED pins respectively.
The MCP2200 is a USB-to-UART serial converter which enables USB connectivity in application that have a UART interface. The device reduces external components by integrating the USB termination resistors. The MCP2200 also has 256-bytes of integrated user EEPROM. The MCP2200 has eight general purpose input / output pins. Four of the pins have alternate functions to indicate USB and communication status.
- Powered via USB
- Test points for all GPIO pins
- RS232 device and 9-pin D-sub connector for connecting to RS232 applications
- Tx and Rx LEDs for indicating USB-to-UART traffic (when enabled)
- Software for configuring special features of the device
- 1x MCP2200 USB to RS232 Evaluation Board (102-00266)
- 1x Mini-USB Cable