Wolfson Microelectronics WM7110

Table of contents

The WM7110 Evaluation Board was developed by Wolfson to allow the easy evaluation of the company’s compact, high Signal-to- Noise ratio (SNR) WM7110 analog microphone.

WM7110 Microphone

The WM7110 is for use in consumer applications requiring low power consumption and excellent signal quality. Using proprietary CMOS/ MEMS membrane technology, the new device delivers high reliability and performance in a miniature low profi le package. Wolfson also offers an enhanced WM7110E version of the device, which delivers a sensitivity tolerance of +/-1dB.

Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • Since the system will not let me write a review, I will post an update here.

My initial attempt to test the microphone with my UNO32 did not work.  Trying to test two new devices at once is not the path to success.

So I have regrouped and am in the process of building identical amplifiers for both an Electret and the Wolfson mics.  This will take me some time.  It has been a while since I have worked at this level and I discovered that my eyesight is no longer good enough to read resistor codes.  Big Bummer!

Have no fear, I will get this thing together and provide a proper review.  I plan to compare the two mics side by side in a sensitivity test, a frequency range test and an angle of incidence test.  When I am done, I will be able to provide a good comparison between the two.  It is just going to take longer than I anticipated.

Meanwhile, it's back to work to see if I can knock some rust off my skills and do this test properly.

Thanks,

DAB

Hi Ali,

I just recieved one today, so I guess I was selected.  I will start working up a test plan and start testing this device.  They are definitly tiny.

Thanks,

DAB

Comment
  • Since the system will not let me write a review, I will post an update here.

My initial attempt to test the microphone with my UNO32 did not work.  Trying to test two new devices at once is not the path to success.

So I have regrouped and am in the process of building identical amplifiers for both an Electret and the Wolfson mics.  This will take me some time.  It has been a while since I have worked at this level and I discovered that my eyesight is no longer good enough to read resistor codes.  Big Bummer!

Have no fear, I will get this thing together and provide a proper review.  I plan to compare the two mics side by side in a sensitivity test, a frequency range test and an angle of incidence test.  When I am done, I will be able to provide a good comparison between the two.  It is just going to take longer than I anticipated.

Meanwhile, it's back to work to see if I can knock some rust off my skills and do this test properly.

Thanks,

DAB

Hi Ali,

I just recieved one today, so I guess I was selected.  I will start working up a test plan and start testing this device.  They are definitly tiny.

Thanks,

DAB

Children
No Data