MagniV S12ZVM for Sensorless Motor Control - Review

Table of contents

RoadTest: MagniV S12ZVM for Sensorless Motor Control

Author: Kilohercas

Creation date:

Evaluation Type: Evaluation Boards

Did you receive all parts the manufacturer stated would be included in the package?: True

What other parts do you consider comparable to this product?: STM32Fx Ti Hercules TI Piccolo NXP LPC line

What were the biggest problems encountered?: Did not receive dev kit

Detailed Review:

Hello, i was waiting for MagniV S12ZVM development kit to arrive. As usual, it get stuck in customs, but after some time , UPS decided to return to sender, so i can't write review. Original idea was to use it for EV Motor testing, but more possible usage would be to use it as CNC spindle motor controller, since brush-less motors are very small, yet powerful.

To make matters worse, remaining months will be consumed by my work ( sine i have more than 3 projects to develop , 2 for work, and one hobby project to finish, and where is no time left for anything else ) so i will not be able to produce review even if element14 will resend it. My suggestion would be to send it for other roadtester who has time.

When i was applying for this roadtest i was expecting to get it at this month, when i had some time. Usually i don't apply for roatest if i don't have interest in product, or time for which review must be written is occupied by my work.

Anonymous