Author: ravi kondeti
Evaluation Type: Development Boards & Tools
Did you receive all parts the manufacturer stated would be included in the package?: True
What other parts do you consider comparable to this product?:
What were the biggest problems encountered?: As a beginner in embedded programming I used to work with TEXAS instruments development boards, compared to them I found the source material to be limited(only my perspective)
Board physical view:
General-purpose: Sixteen 32-bit registers
Control: Ten 32-bit registers
Accumulator: Two 72-bit registers
Data: Selectable as little endian or big endian
32 to 54 MHz: Wait state required. No wait state if the instruction is served by a ROM accelerator hit.
Serial programming (asynchronous serial communication/USB communication), self-programming
Clock generation circuit
PLL frequency synthesizer, USB-dedicated PLL frequency synthesizer, and IWDT-dedicated on-chip
oscillator, Bluetooth-dedicated clock oscillator, Bluetooth-dedicated low-speed on-chip oscillator
The CPU and system sections such as other bus masters run in synchronization with the system
clock (ICLK): 54 MHz (at max.)
MTU2a runs in synchronization with the PCLKA: 54 MHz (at max.)
The ADCLK for the S12AD runs in synchronization with the PCLKD: 54 MHz (at max.)
Peripheral modules other than MTU2a and S12ADE run in synchronization with the PCLKB: 32 MHz
The flash peripheral circuit runs in synchronization with the FCLK: 32 MHz (at max.)
Started out with the user guide
Operation Check with GATTBROWSER: Communication with Smartphone
Checking the switch 1 function
Following the steps, in the Document, the switching frequency of the onboard LED is controlled using GATTBrowser
Programming HCI Firmware
uses the Renesas Flash Programmer to program the HCI firmware to this product.
1. Change ESW1-2 of this product to ON and connect your PC and ECN1 connector with an A – micro B type USB cable.
2. Start RFP and select “File” “New Project…”.
3. In the “Create New Project” window, make the following settings and click the “Connect” button.
• Microcontroller: RX200
• Project Name: Any name
• Project Folder: Any folder
• Communication Tool: E2 emulator Lite
• Communication Interface: FINE
• Power: None (default)
4. When prompted to enter the “Set ID Code”, enter “45FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF” and click the “OK” button.
5. If the connection is successful, “Operation completed.” is displayed.
6. Click the “Browse…” button, select “rx23w_uart_hci_sci8_br2000k_vx.xx.mot” in the mot folder in the BTTS package, and click the “Open” button.
7. Click the “Start” button on the “Operation” tab to start programming the firmware.
8. When programming is completed normally, “Operation completed.” And “OK” are displayed
9. After programming is complete, disconnect the USB cable that connected this product to your PC.
Similar tests are performed on the pc with an executable provided on the product page.
Touch switchboard with Light ON/OFF and dimming circuit and fan Regulator with Mobile app connectivity
I am using MOSFETS along with gate drivers to control the home automation, hardware is quite simple and implemented. I am figuring the programming process for the same and the material and sample code provided by Renesas is quite helpful.