AVNET Azure Sphere MT3620 Starter Kit - Review

Table of contents

RoadTest: AVNET Azure Sphere MT3620 Starter Kit

Author: mahendrasnaik

Creation date:

Evaluation Type: Development Boards & Tools

Did you receive all parts the manufacturer stated would be included in the package?: True

What other parts do you consider comparable to this product?: Arduino Uno, texas launchpad

What were the biggest problems encountered?: logging in into the device, claiming the device with my email id, creating the tenant

Detailed Review:

azure sphere compared to arduino and launchpad is one of the best development board available. This board has onboard sensors like temperature, accelerometer, and gyroscope. This avoids using external sensors and connection problems. An azure sphere can be directly connected to the cloud. Github repositories help us to test the device with the readily available code and procedure available in element14 helped me to operate this device.

since I am new to this azure development kit it will take much time to explore more, I finally succeded with login and claiming the device and tested the onboard sensors, which was working fine. all the codes available in github worked fine with visual studio 2019, but vs 19 slows down the performance of the laptop.

Creating azure account requires a credit card, so I could not try that connecting to the Azure@ cloud

Anonymous