Privacy statement Including Information Notice
provides access to and use of element14. By registering on, accessing or using element14 you agree to be bound by
We may update these Terms from time to time without notice so you should check them regularly because your
continued use of element14 will constitute your acceptance of the updated Terms.
Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using the website. If you do not agree to all the Terms, you may not access the website or use any of its services. If these terms are considered an offer by element14, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
You are required to be registered with element14 in order to participate in, contribute to and access certain
services on element14. Your registration is only for your personal use and you should not share your username or
password with anyone else. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all activity that
occurs through your account.
Prohibited use / who should not use element14
You should not use element14 if you are:
- not of legal age in your country to create binding financial and contractual obligations and commitments
and to assume any liability that you may expose yourself to through your use of element14;
- under the age of 13, or if you are between the age of 13 and 18 and do not have the express permission of
your parent or guardian to your use of element14;
- a person on a US Denied Persons List or who is a citizen or resident of or located in a country sanctioned
by US law (or on any other similar list or a citizen or resident of or located in a sanctioned country in any
other applicable jurisdiction) and we reserve the right to block access to element14 from any such persons or
- a person in a country where use of or taking part in any activity or services offered by element14: (i)
would be a breach of local laws of the country in which you are located, or (ii) is otherwise prohibited by
applicable laws of other countries, including, but not limited to, U.S. export controls;
- a person whose use of element14 requires a licence, permission or consent where you do not have such
licence, permission or consent.
For the purposes of this paragraph 3, a person excluded from using element14 includes a person doing so on behalf
of a company or other organisation that would be prohibited by the terms of paragraph 3.
By using element14 you confirm that you do NOT fall into any of the categories above.
Content that we provide:
Any content or materials on element14 that we provide will be subject to intellectual property rights (such as
copyright, trademarks, design rights) that are owned by or licensed to us. All rights to this content remains
under our ownership or our licensors’ ownership.
No part of element14 or any of its content may be reproduced (in whole or in part) or modified or
disassembled/decompiled without our express prior written permission and you should not collect or compile
information and/or materials from element14 as part of a database or other work without our express prior written
permission. In the event that you are given permission, you are required to retain any copyright or other
intellectual property notices contained in the original materials.
Content that you contribute:
We do not claim ownership of any content you contribute to element14 but by posting your content you grant us a
worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free right and licence to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt,
translate, process, publish, distribute, transmit, host on our servers and resell/sell/rent any such content. You
confirm that you have all the necessary rights and consents to enable you to grant us this licence.
It is your own responsibility to protect any intellectual property or other rights existing in any content you
contribute to element14 and to ensure you have the necessary rights, licences and consents (including from
employers) to contribute such content to element14.
By contributing content to a public area of element14 or by choosing to collaborate with another user, the
content you contribute or disclose will be available to others and we have no control over how they may use that
content or the rights that they may obtain over that content. It is your responsibility to apply any controls you
believe to be necessary over the use and rights to such content.
Any content you contribute to a private area of element14 will only be available to users that you have granted
access to that area to.
You are responsible for:
- your use of element14, which should be solely for legitimate personal or business purposes;
- all content you contribute to element14, including ensuring that such content is not unlawful in any way in
your or any other country, offensive or abusive in any way, inaccurate or misleading, confidential, a breach
of a third party’s rights or unsolicited/unauthorised advertising or promotional material (spam);
- protecting any rights that exist in any content you contribute to element14, as set out in section 4
- ensuring that you do not do anything or load onto element14 any content that is technically harmful to or
may circumvent, interfere with or jeopardise the security of element14;
- keeping back-up copies of any content that you contribute to element14 that you may require;
- abiding by any restrictions, limitations and intellectual property rights asserted over content contributed
to element14 by other users, including content contributed by us.
We have the right to:
- modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, element14 or any service provided on element14;
- where we think it is appropriate, monitor, review, filter, refuse or remove any content, but we have no
responsibility for and are under no obligation to monitor, oversee or moderate any content or services on
element14 and we do not pre-screen any content;
- update, correct, amend or remove any content contributed to element14 (whoever contributed it) although we
do not undertake to do so or have any responsibility for doing so;
- take any action as we deem appropriate in the event of a failure to comply with these Terms or otherwise,
including account withdrawal, content removal and legal action;
- close down or archive accounts or projects that have been inactive for an extended period of time;
- block any user’s access to element14 for any reason;
- change the location of the server on which element14 is hosted from time to time;
- assign the benefit, subject to the burden, of the these Terms without consent and without notice to any
company in the Avnet and Premier Farnell group of companies or to a 3rd party in the event of a sale, merger or transfer
of all or any part of our business.
We do not have any liability for:
- the content or services we provide or make available on element14, all of which are made available with a
view to providing an open forum for discussion, learning, sharing and social networking and no representations
or warranties of any kind are made in respect of such content or services;
- any 3rd party materials, services or sites to which you are referred or linked on element14, including
liability arising out of allegations that they infringe the rights of any third party or the laws of any
- any content or information generated or contributed by you or any other 3rd party (including anything you
contribute that is technically harmful, e.g. contains viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, harmful components,
corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful date) or for the actions or omissions of any such
element14 user or contributor;
- element14 or any part of it being suspended or unavailable temporarily or permanently (with or without
- the deletion, corruption of or failure to store any content or information contributed to or transmitted via
- any claims or loss of any nature arising from the use of or reliance upon any material, products or services
contained on or available through element14 (but we do not seek to exclude or limit our liability for any
matter which it would be illegal for us to limit or exclude liability, such as death or personal injury caused
by our negligence or fraud);
- anything that is stated as being your responsibility in sections 4 and 5 above.
These Terms and all use of element14 are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and
Wales have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute.
Any provision of these Terms that is found by a competent court or authority to be invalid will be deemed to be
removed and the remaining provisions of the Terms will continue in full force and effect. Any failure by us to
enforce any right or provision in these Terms does not constitute a waiver of our rights or of the applicable