element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Top 10 Members!
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 54 replies
  • Subscribers 637 subscribers
  • Views 6287 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Top 10 Members!

dixonselvan
dixonselvan over 8 years ago

I was searching for this list and finally found it! Yes, the top 10 Element14 community members as of April 2018. They truly deserve the spot. Do you have any thoughts on this? Let me know in the comment section below.

 

There are few others too down the ladder who are helping and I don’t want to disapoint you. This top 10 list is just a list, your help is always appreciated. Keep contributing.

 

Dixon Selvan

 

image

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • mcb1
    mcb1 over 8 years ago in reply to NigelB

    If it is drawing people in, it mnight not be a bad thing - even encouraging people to read the forums and articles

    In the case I was hinting at, three year old posts and other obscure things is not akin to encouraging participation.

     

    I agree that sometimes I'm not aware of content until someone I'm following has liked, or commented, so yes its helpful .... sometimes.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Workshopshed
    Workshopshed over 8 years ago in reply to dougw

    I do like and share on most other social platforms. I often don't want to comment as I think the discussion is sufficiently large already.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • NigelB
    NigelB over 8 years ago in reply to mcb1

    It depends what you mean by content. If it is drawing people in, it mnight not be a bad thing - even encouraging people to read the forums and articles

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dougw
    dougw over 8 years ago in reply to genebren

    Well put genebren That sums up my participation - I don't click on likes on any other  forum, but here it adds to the forum's momentum, which I would like to encourage.

    Content creation doesn't directly generate points proportional to effort, but I do get a big bump in spin-off points whenever I publish some content. If your content is good it generates more points - more comments and more likes.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +8 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • mcb1
    mcb1 over 8 years ago in reply to Jan Cumps

    The points system does not favour content creators.

    Sadly that is true.

     

    We've seen meteroic rises with no content at all.

     

    Mark

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +6 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • mcb1
    mcb1 over 8 years ago in reply to Fred27

    changing your icon to be a minion is a big factor on whether you make it into the top 10 too

    Haha ... it ended up the other way around, we changed afterwards for other reasons.

     

    It is true that the Top 10 are also TM's, but there are plenty of others elsewhere in the list as well.

     

     

    Mark

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dixonselvan
    dixonselvan over 8 years ago in reply to Fred27

    Ha ha May be we should try changing ours to Minions! No just kidding.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • dixonselvan
    dixonselvan over 8 years ago in reply to shabaz

    When I started this conversation my mind was concentrating on points. It has changed after few valuable comments in this discussion. Yes that’s true points don’t mean prizes. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • shabaz
    shabaz over 8 years ago

    Hi!

     

    It varies from time to time, for instance me and mcb1 have periods where the gap narrows or increases, depending on which one of us is on hols image

    But anyway "points don't mean prizes"* but just a nice personal scoring thing I feel, since we all started at different times.. i..e. you can watch your number go up, and more activity speeds it up, but no point comparing since it doesn't result in anything, and everyone is more active and effective that others in at least one thing! For example the list of best videos, most creative and imaginative projects, most unusual applications, most fun projects, would all be different., so no matter how it was scored, and if we all started at the same time, the result scoreboard would be very different each time.

     

    * it is a misquote of a famous game-show presenter in the UK

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +8 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • genebren
    genebren over 8 years ago in reply to Jan Cumps

    This is a very social community.  The likes work both ways (points for the creator of content and for the liker), so I am not so sure that it is that biased.

     

    When I first became active on element14 I was so warmly welcomed by a few of top contributors, that I followed them and watched how they have interacted with the group members (new and experienced).  I modeled my approach after theirs. This was a big change in approach for me as I have never embraced other social sites, nor would I have considered myself to be a social person (more of an introvert).  This has been a very liberating experience for me and also a lot of fun.  I have been working on creating more content, so maybe I too will develop and understanding of any biases in the system.

     

    Enjoy!

    Gene

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +8 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
>
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube