Enrollment closes in
Days 0 Hours 0 Mins 0 Secs 0
Happy Holidays, everyone!
WOW! I got the missing parts from Tektronix and I was VERY impressed. Not only did the person there (Joe) help like I wish every company would but he even included a handwritten letter apologizing for…
Yes, I did have issues with it post Windows 8.1 update. I tried removing it via Remove Programs in Control Panel but the applet was broken, so I had to delve into the Program Files folders and get rid of the Conexant folder. Then you must uninstall the Conexant audio driver through Control Panel as well.
Then, I downloaded the latest driver from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e431 and install it (which takes a while). If done correctly, it will no longer error on boot-up and would work just fine.
On the other note, the Intel USB over IP for Wi-Di device doesn't work under Windows 8.1 - no driver is available as far as I know, and so you will probably have an Unknown Device with no driver after updating to Windows 8.1. Not much we can do about that one really.
Hope it helps,
WOW! I got the missing parts from Tektronix and I was VERY impressed. Not only did the person there (Joe) help like I wish every company would but he even included a handwritten letter apologizing for the missing parts, that alone was worth the package.
Thank you Joe (Tektronix) for the very helpful service.
I got a call from Tektronix and they were very understanding and apologetic for the presentation I received. They will be sending me the missing documentation and packaging from the box. I was also told all units are calibrated and they will send me teh letter of calibration as well. I am impressed by the prompt help as well as their willingness to make to make the situation right.
Yes, e14 should handle all duties. Mine got through just fine, and it would have likely been taxed with a declared USD 1000 value according to the docket on my box.
In the interim, I did grab a cable with an N-connector on the end, chopped off some of the shielding leaving the core as a "crude" random-length antenna, and I'm seeing four of my local S-band (2.7-2.9Ghz) weather radars show up somewhat - it's a good start although the software isn't always as flexible or intuitive as I would like.
The full details will take a while, but lets just say, I've spent many hours updating the software on the laptop (and troubleshooting some driver issues with the Windows 8.1 upgrade). But, I've also been using the base software with the RSA306 for an hour and I am impressed (at least, in some fairly important ways).
In the meantime, element14's Communities is having big issues for me ... it's throwing up errors 80% of the time ... I wonder if the Raspberry Pi 2, Model B RoadTest is causing it to crash!