The noise (acoustic sensor) and vibration (Kemet sensor) analysis module attached to the brake pedal of the vehicle or in the vicinity.
Vibration and acoustic data were collected simultaneously during braking (taken at low speeds and not in normal driving conditions due to limitations in the placement of the sensor to the braking pad areas) to identify the braking condition.
The data analysis focuses on the low-frequency domain.
- The KEMET vibration sensor and acoustic sensors monitor the brake pads.
- The data from the sensors are received by the NUCLEO microcontroller.
- The data is pushed via Bluetooth into a custom made mobile app.
- This data is periodically sent to a cloud database.
- The predictive analysis is done with the help of the EdgeImpulse service.
- After the analysis, a report is sent to a technician for verification.
- The summary is then relayed back to the user's mobile app via the cloud database notifying him of the updates.
Testing to be completed...