To make Bootable MicroSD for AES-ULTRA96-V2-G on ubuntu , follow
1) sudo apt install fuse libfuse2
2) go to https://etcher.balena.io/, click download-etcher and download ETCHER FOR LINUX X64 (64-BIT) (APPIMAGE) for 64-bit linux.
3) download ultra96v2_oob_2020_1_210303_8GB.zip from Element14. This is 520.3 MiB but when extracted ,it becomes approx 8GB.
Image is here
4) unzip ultra96v2_oob_2020_1_210303_8GB.zip
5) sudo chmod u+x balenaEtcher-1.18.4-x64.AppImage
6) sudo ./balenaEtcher-1.18.4-x64.AppImage
7) then insert 16GB Bootable using adapter and install
here is video
My blog is currently marked spam, will get in few days, I have mentioned this there