I love the program so far. Here are some of my ideas.
I would love to see you build.
Solar panel system. Building and wiring the panels yourself. I just bought a house and am really interested in setting up an (relatively) inexpensive solar panel system. Maybe 1-3 kiwi.
Automated thermal control system for your house. Control radiators via thermocouples or Dallas temperature sensors using the arduino. Setup PID loops to control ramping up and ramping down of the temperature. Relay temp information over the internet so profiles can be loaded. I am planning on building this myself but would love to see how you do it.
Automated lawn mowing robot.
Grey water recycling system. Would be cool if you had a Arduino to sense water level. (Can you tell I am a programmer?)
Build a weather balloon which would take pictures until it reached a certain altitude and then relay its position so it could be picked up.
Other misc. ideas.
I have a load of old dvd-roms, cd-roms, printers, containing all sorts of motors and I would love to be able to use them in projects. I have an Arduino but have no idea how to hook up these motors and control them from the Arduino. I would love an episode detailing how this would be done. Maybe integrate some from a printer and some from dvd-burner. I am a software guy and would love to be able to use them in projects.
Thanks!
-Christopher