element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
element14's The Ben Heck Show
  • Challenges & Projects
  • element14 presents
  • element14's The Ben Heck Show
  • More
  • Cancel
element14's The Ben Heck Show
Forum Project Suggestion - For your show
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join element14's The Ben Heck Show to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 2 replies
  • Subscribers 30 subscribers
  • Views 396 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Project Suggestion - For your show

PH03N1X
PH03N1X over 16 years ago

I enjoy listening to music while I work on project. I came across a video for an LED box that pulses to the beat of the music. Most of these projects involve you having to solder an 1/8 audio connector to the board. This 1/8 audio connector then plugs into the audio port of the device playing the music. I thought this would be a fun cool project to try, but then I asked myself, "Self, how can you hear the music if the LED box is connected? Oh yeah, an audio splitter!" image But what about a larger scale audience? They want to enjoy good quality music and an amazing LED pulse environment as well. How can we alter this project to work with microphones instead of a physical connection between devices?

 

Congrats on the success Ben, you are a great inspiration to us all!

 

Thanks,

Charlie Jr.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • e14 Contributor
    e14 Contributor over 16 years ago

    Id run the connection through my computers soundcard then most new motherboards have a ''orange port''(I can't remember the name for the life of me and it's basic haha, Im blanking today), For stereo systems and just connect it from there, Im sure ive seen people do it the same way on youtube, Microphones would seem like really bad sound quality issue.

     

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNSzaFZKDg

     

    I think this guy used his stereo aswell.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • PH03N1X
    PH03N1X over 16 years ago in reply to e14 Contributor

    "Id run the connection  through my computers soundcard then most new motherboards have a  ''orange port''(I can't remember the name for the life of me and it's  basic haha, Im blanking today), For stereo systems and just connect it  from there"

     

    This does work, but I just split the connection with an audio splitter. This isn't what I'm going for though. I'm looking for a wireless solution to this. Will it be as good? Prob'ly not, but it's worth a shot. Believe it of not but I found a toy that does this.

     

    Check the example out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQMqXSgwFQ

     

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • PH03N1X
    PH03N1X over 16 years ago in reply to e14 Contributor

    "Id run the connection  through my computers soundcard then most new motherboards have a  ''orange port''(I can't remember the name for the life of me and it's  basic haha, Im blanking today), For stereo systems and just connect it  from there"

     

    This does work, but I just split the connection with an audio splitter. This isn't what I'm going for though. I'm looking for a wireless solution to this. Will it be as good? Prob'ly not, but it's worth a shot. Believe it of not but I found a toy that does this.

     

    Check the example out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQMqXSgwFQ

     

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube