Having seen the Shop Bot on Heck's show, I was wondering how it compaired to the mini CNC router heck made in his show?
Is the time and energy worth investing in making my own CNC, or should I just break down, and buy a manufactured CNC router?
Having seen the Shop Bot on Heck's show, I was wondering how it compaired to the mini CNC router heck made in his show?
Is the time and energy worth investing in making my own CNC, or should I just break down, and buy a manufactured CNC router?
If you plan on building one I suggest buying the plans from this site: http://www.joescnc.com/kitsplans.php
With the purchase of the plans, you get access to the forum and a complete bill of materials that provides where to buy each part and prices. For the 4x4 CNC, you can build it as low as $2500 that can perform as well as a new ShopBot. There are also resources in the forums for machine upgrades if you are willing to spend more money. I am currently using the plans as a reference to build a 4x8 bed.
If you plan on building one I suggest buying the plans from this site: http://www.joescnc.com/kitsplans.php
With the purchase of the plans, you get access to the forum and a complete bill of materials that provides where to buy each part and prices. For the 4x4 CNC, you can build it as low as $2500 that can perform as well as a new ShopBot. There are also resources in the forums for machine upgrades if you are willing to spend more money. I am currently using the plans as a reference to build a 4x8 bed.