Last night I was thinking of project ideas and I thought of doing a console mod (example: 360 laptop) but to my amazement, I thought of the best console mod ever. What would happen in you stripped out the circuit boards and ports of a super nintendo and left the case, and what would happen if you stripped out a Wii and placed its components and ports in the super nintendo case? You get a Super Wiintendo!
The Super Wiintendo would be a Wii in a super nintendo case. It would include all of the ports from the wii and would still look like a super nintendo. It would have the cart connector cover glued shut and used as some sort of GC controller port panel.
The SWES will use all of the current buttons on the SNES modifyed to be used in this fashion (Eject, Reset and Power) I am currently designing the modifications for the SWES in Google Sketchup. Here are some pics. Please note: Im in australia, so im using a PAL SNES
Top View
This is a top view. Because im terrible at drawing exact ports and such, I found a model of a super nintendo online.
The Yellow parts are additions to the console (Ports ect.) The 4 yellow circles repersent the Gamecube controller ports and the yellow squares repersent the gamecube memorycards. (The card slots are in the place where the SNES controler ports would be)
Front View
This is a Front View. The DVD drive is located on the cooling vents since this is the only place that the drive would go so the SWES would still look like a SNES
Ben, Please consider my idea. Ive put alot of thought into this project and I need advice before I attempt it myself. I know you get many good ideas from your fans, but i dont think you get much unique requests like this.



