Dear people at the ben heck show I have a build that i think would be very cool! It is a 3D helmet my idea was to get to screens in a helmet and seperate the two and have the same image on both sides therfore making a 3D helmet. Thank You
Dear people at the ben heck show I have a build that i think would be very cool! It is a 3D helmet my idea was to get to screens in a helmet and seperate the two and have the same image on both sides therfore making a 3D helmet. Thank You
If I may,
I have built one of these many years ago using the small Black and White CRT viewer used in Video cameras, these are really great because you can set the focus on them individually to match your eyes.
you would also need 2 coresponding cameras to feed these CRTs (or screens), at the same offset that your eyes are apart to get a true paralax 3D viewing.
if you`re Really clever (and I`m not) you could also create s/ware to present alternate offset frames to each eyepiece in turn and generate your own Virtual 3D environ, of course you would need to do this at a rate greater than the retinas image retention rate (about 20 frames per second).
don`t laugh, but I used a garden Plant pot as my helmet, it Did work though! 
If I may,
I have built one of these many years ago using the small Black and White CRT viewer used in Video cameras, these are really great because you can set the focus on them individually to match your eyes.
you would also need 2 coresponding cameras to feed these CRTs (or screens), at the same offset that your eyes are apart to get a true paralax 3D viewing.
if you`re Really clever (and I`m not) you could also create s/ware to present alternate offset frames to each eyepiece in turn and generate your own Virtual 3D environ, of course you would need to do this at a rate greater than the retinas image retention rate (about 20 frames per second).
don`t laugh, but I used a garden Plant pot as my helmet, it Did work though! 
im clever but not that clever but yeah that is a great idea. But do u think a nintendo ds screen could work in a helmet i just want to build somthing that is or simulates 3d
you could, but you`d still need lensing for it, otherwise it would just be a blur because our eyes cannot focus on things that close to the eye without correction.