We had requests from you asking for the Ben heck show to be available with closed captioning. We now have the first episode available for you to choose that viewing option in both English and German. Let us know what you think- enjoy the show!
We had requests from you asking for the Ben heck show to be available with closed captioning. We now have the first episode available for you to choose that viewing option in both English and German. Let us know what you think- enjoy the show!
This is great news!! The captions are high quality, I'm finally able to watch the Ben Heck Show!
What is the ETA for getting the rest of the episodes captioned?
Thanks!
Glad it works for you to view! This was our first attempt to get some input from viewers like yourself.
Please help spread the word- If there are enough people interested, we will expand the pilot program beyond the first episode. Would also be interested in hearing if there is an interest in other languages.
Thanks for watching!
What sort of barriers do you have to providing more closed captioning on the remaining Ben Heck Show episodes?
How many people need to show interest before you have enough?
I've been a big fan of Mr. Heckendorn's work for many many years, I've been waiting for closed captioning since the initial release of the first episode.
It makes me feel like a worthless piece of dirt to see Ben Heck doing an accesability mod time and time again but when I ask, and wait for closed captions I'm told that "we'll have to see if enough people want it"
Hi- thanks for your feedback- And your input is very much appreciated! The functionality to do closed captioning is done by a 3rd party, so I will pass along your suggestions to the team. I know Ben values all his fans and would love to be able to have all his shows accessible to everyone.
Has there been any further progress or updates with closed captioning?
If cost is a barier, is there a reason you're not doing the captioning in house?
If I were able to attract sponsors would the captioning be continued?
I have long considered adding closed captions myself as a proof of concept project. However being deaf, and working a low paying job, I'd be unable to do so without funding.
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Readers of this thread, who knows who is a "driver" of this at Element14?
I'm a provider of CC service and could be persuaded to do a "freebie."
Very good German translation too I'm sure -- I know only a little German.
Alan at VerbatimIT.com