Hey there Ben,
I'm a fan of the show and really want to become more involved with the program by submitting an idea:
I've seen you work with countless circutry projects and minor robotics, but what if you could combine a bunch of the past technology lessons together to work on a multi-episode project?
My idea is that you set out for some underwater exploration goals, and build a fully functioning and controllable R.O.V.
This project could feature:
- Underwater filming/video feed
- Functioning robotic arms with the capability to pick up objects and return them to the surface
- Underwater audio capture
- A control device to be used above water for the piloting of the R.O.V.
- Countless other add-ons that can be discusssed later in the project
I'm sure that this would be an amazing and interactive project for the show and would love to help in any way I can, possibly via Skype or FaceTime.
Sincerely,
-Athan Bourganos-
P.S. I live on the east coast, so if finding a large enough body of water for testing becomes an issue, we always have the Atlantic Ocean (and I also have acces to a UCONN campus for oceanographic research)