Hey Ben,
Love the show really gets me amped up about making some of my own things. One Idea that I have been toying around with that I think would be awesome to try and make is a combination of a 3d Printer, Laser Cutter, and CNC mill. My theory is to make the Z axis stage have the fittings for each system such that they are interchangeable. The main issue that i could forsee is making the 3 axis stage robust enough for the CNC mill but quick enough to work well as a 3d printer and laser cutter. This would require a little bit more wiring and coding, and maybe a new approach to software used, but overall if this could be executed it would make for an awesome useful tool for many makers, including myself. Let me know what you think of this, I am going to start drawing up plans myself to see if I can tackle it.
Thanks and Keep Being Awesome,
Lee