As the deadline for Ben's Ultimate combo gaming system giveawayis drawing near the Community team has started to reminisce about our favourite retro video games. What are some of yours?
If you still haven't signed up for the giveaway - enter here!
As the deadline for Ben's Ultimate combo gaming system giveawayis drawing near the Community team has started to reminisce about our favourite retro video games. What are some of yours?
If you still haven't signed up for the giveaway - enter here!
For real retro obscurity, it's hard to beat Pengo. Simple but effective graphics and great sound/music for the time.
Plus, it turns out that Pengo makes a great basis for an FPGA placement algorithm, doing a decent job in a small fraction of the time needed by simulated annealing.
For action, I liked Galaxian. Lots more (and smoother) action than Space Invaders. I played Galaxian on a Xerox Alto back in grad school.
For real retro obscurity, it's hard to beat Pengo. Simple but effective graphics and great sound/music for the time.
Plus, it turns out that Pengo makes a great basis for an FPGA placement algorithm, doing a decent job in a small fraction of the time needed by simulated annealing.
For action, I liked Galaxian. Lots more (and smoother) action than Space Invaders. I played Galaxian on a Xerox Alto back in grad school.