I have an idea for a viewer challenge. I would like to see you hack an old HDTV tuner box or an old TV and hook the tuner up to a RaspberryPi or Beagle Bone so that I can watch my over the air tv broadcasts on my smart phone or tablet. I would like to be able to change the channels remotely via my smart phone or tablet (android based) maybe through an app or on a web page. I have been watching football games at work, (don't tell my boss), by pointing my web cam at my tv and using Oovoo to transmit the video and audio to my phone. But this won't allow me to change the channel if I want to watch more than one thing that particular day. This seems like it can be easily done by modifying the idea of the dog treat dispenser you built on a previous episode. Send the audio and video output of the tuner through a web server and have an IR blaster interfaced to the web server to change the channels via the web page or maybe even an adroid app. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who wants to be able to watch my OTA broadcasts on my smart device since there is more and more people every day "cutting the cord". Sounds like it would be fun too.
Thanks,
n4tna
Chris