I was thinking to add a webcam to a RPI, but the one I found has some CD drivers to install. So is there another way to download to the webcam(because buying a CD burner would bulge of my budget).
I was thinking to add a webcam to a RPI, but the one I found has some CD drivers to install. So is there another way to download to the webcam(because buying a CD burner would bulge of my budget).
If you get a camera that supports UVC or USB Video Class, then you won't need specific drivers. You can try the drivers disk by taking the files off the cd on a computer with a disk drive and putting them on a flash drive to transfer them to the Pi, but they are probably meant for windows computers and wouldn't install on linux. I would try using it without the drivers and if it doesn't work, then find a compatible USB webcam to purchase
Look at this thread and the linked thread inside of it
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=37719&p=337339
Look at this thread and the linked thread inside of it
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=37719&p=337339