I watched your episode and I really do like the build. Simple and professional. That being said I had a few questions.
Who designed the build? Meaning you show someone CNC cutting the parts for your CNC build. A bit of the chicken or the egg
Are these files available? If so what is the license?
BoM, You list quite a few parts but the hardware is lacking any links etc. One thing I didnt know was what is the material you are using you are creating the machine with? The white looking frame materials.
Electronics, 294oz is an awesome motor for this little CNC but at $100+ it quickly puts this project out of budget for many people. (Not to drop a shameless plug but you should checkout our TinyG Project https://www.synthetos.com/blog/what-is-tinyg-and-why/ for motion control for stepper drivers, Gcode on a chip). Even the reprap stuff would be a good budget possibility.
I love your show Ben and I think that its really one of the best DIY / Hacking resource I have seen in some time.
Thanks,
Ril3y
www.synthetos.com/blog