Hi,
I have ACER TM 7514wsmi, its motherboard is broken, it wount show even BIOS. For a second I was thinking that I would take it straight to recycling center, but I don't want to throw away anything that I have payd 800€.
So what I should save from old laptop. Memory, which doesnt of course work in any of my laptops. HDD. Anything else?
I have torn laptop apart. Inside there are some parts that I think that I should keep.
- WLAN chip. - does it work in any other laptop, is its connector model specific?
- touch pad from mouse. - Can I use it for anything?
- Keyboard, Can I use it in anything?
- DVD drive. - model specific part?
- LCD and webcam in it - at least not going to be able use it as standalone monitor.
Is there anything else I should keep?