Ben, You showed us how to make a cnc that can run G code. but how do we go from Acad or Illustrator to G code? What program/ proccess do you use.
Ben, You showed us how to make a cnc that can run G code. but how do we go from Acad or Illustrator to G code? What program/ proccess do you use.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pocket-laser-engraver/ in this instructible you can see how a gcode sender works im not sure if this will work for your application but it might be a good start especially since its derived from vector images that illustrator produces
Tom,
What type of CNC machine are you most interested in?
Or, what type of parts do you want to make?
I can guide you in the right direction.
Cabe
I can't find any videos or documents how to build the CNC.
Can anyone help me where they all are?
THANKS!
Tony
Let me know what type of CNC machine you want to build, and I will get you started.
Cabe
Hi Tony,
Take a look at MYDIYCNC.com. They have designs, kits or complete CNC machines for an inexpensive cost.
My only caveat is that if you are not good at building things, go for the assembled and tested version. Their full kit is a bit challenging to me due to my disability, but I plan to send them a long list of suggestions for them to consider once I get mine completed and working.
Thanks
DAB