Here's my idea - add wireless mouse function to IR remote control such as the Harmony 650.
Why do this: My home entertainment center has the usual stuff - TV, PVR, BD Player, and Apple TV2, but sometimes, to watch videos from sources Apple TV and most other similar devices can't easily access such as Pro Motocross races on Allisports.com, I use an old Win XP PC connected to the TV and controlled with wireless keyboard (Adesso model WKB-4000US). This works fine, but I hate switching back and forth between keyboard and IR remote. Most of the time I could get by with just "mouse control" of the PC - so why not just add add that function to the IR remote?
I think an eraser head style pointer would fit ok (see attached image) and not be too difficult to operate. As Ben does controller mods all the time, this should be a slam dunk!
Paul
