Hi
I have a 12v motor and a arduino uno
I need to control the speed and direction of the motor from the arduino
I have googled and used previous knowledge of electronics and I am still stumped
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Joe
Hi
I have a 12v motor and a arduino uno
I need to control the speed and direction of the motor from the arduino
I have googled and used previous knowledge of electronics and I am still stumped
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Joe
You need to get a motor controller board. The Arduino by itself doesn't have the power needed to drive the motor on its own and the motor could draw too many amps through the Arduino and burn out the board. You can either pick up a basic motor controller or there are many different motor controller shields for the Arduino. Just be sure the controller you pick fits the specs of the motor. Make sure the controller will be able to handle 12V and however many amps the motor will draw. Keep in mind the motor will draw the most current any time it is first turned on and any time it is forced to change directions. You need to account for this peak current draw.
Hey
I think a H-bridge motor controller using PWM pins to control the speed is what you need from your requirements.
Here a tutorial for a H-bridge motor controller:
http://www.pyroelectro.com/tutorials/h_bridge_4_transistor/theory.html
You may want to use a very small motor while your developing so you can run it off your arduino uno.
Hope this help and gives you the ideas you need for your project.
Regards
Simon
Note: If you need additional help maybe you should post this in the arduino fourm or the arduino section on this site. as you may get a faster response