Dear Ben,
What my name is Bill and I was wondering what type of solder you use for working on electronics and what guage in thickness?
e.g. lead free rosin core, etc...
Dear Ben,
What my name is Bill and I was wondering what type of solder you use for working on electronics and what guage in thickness?
e.g. lead free rosin core, etc...
Use the smallest diameter solder you can find.
I prefer 63/37 no clean .018" (0.46mm)
Im just as happy to use 60/40 RA/RMA core though, provided im not worried about longevity as I wont be cleaning the residue after soldering.
The residue resulting from the use of RA flux is corrosive and must be cleaned. RMA flux is formulated to result in a residue which is not significantly corrosive, with cleaning being preferred but optional.
I recommend you avoid lead-free solder until you get good at soldering. Its a lot harder to use than lead alloy solder.
Use the smallest diameter solder you can find.
I prefer 63/37 no clean .018" (0.46mm)
Im just as happy to use 60/40 RA/RMA core though, provided im not worried about longevity as I wont be cleaning the residue after soldering.
The residue resulting from the use of RA flux is corrosive and must be cleaned. RMA flux is formulated to result in a residue which is not significantly corrosive, with cleaning being preferred but optional.
I recommend you avoid lead-free solder until you get good at soldering. Its a lot harder to use than lead alloy solder.