I been recently been watching ben's videos and its resparked my love for custom hacks/gadgets trouble is i know nothing about electronics or engineering and don't own any of the tools!I
I have this cool idea that would suite my need's completely and possibly a lot of others, i want to build this led/LCD screen that goes on to a door that shows information. this information would be revelent for the door its hanging on so for example:
My work hour's varied and one day I could be working all day and the next day im working all night, i live right next to the kitchen so its hard for my family to know if im awake or not and i can find my self only getting 3 hours sleep and being woken by the kettle so the idea is that it would display somthing like
"Do not disturb until 1pm"
Other uses could be for a company who holds meetings or important events and could say
"meeting in progress do not disturb"
Im interested to see what the community thinks of my idea and if its possible to get it to work with a usb cable or something that uses low power to save money.
My own thoughts on building it (i know NOTHING about electronics baring in mind!) would be modifying a raspberry pi/ardounio connected to a screen to show the information running off a usb powersupply.
I also had another idea of making a "build it like ben kit" where he films how its made but there is also a fully fetched kit with manual's etc on how to build the kit that we see this would allow for people like me to get involved and learn more without feeling like im in the deep end.
Sorry if my English is bad i haven't had much sleep this week because of this problem!