How much did it cost to make the Portable Raspberry Pi and the Robot Luggage? I really want to make one of them.
I already own a Raspberry Pi and I know how much the little screen costs but how much would the battery and everything else cost?
How much did it cost to make the Portable Raspberry Pi and the Robot Luggage? I really want to make one of them.
I already own a Raspberry Pi and I know how much the little screen costs but how much would the battery and everything else cost?
I can't help you with the cost, but you might find this video interesting
where Ben talks about not daring to take it through an actual airport.
Well that didn't answer my question on either of them.
However I wasn't planning on taking it to an airport, it was just going to be a fun project that I would take to places like school or Wal Mart and watch peoples reactions.
Colecago's blog says:
I don’t have the dimensions of the luggage, but here is a build list of the electronics:
Motors and controller- http://www.robotshop.com/drive-system-12-volt.html
Microprocessor board (brains)- https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10744
Ultrasonic Sensors (x3)- http://www.parallax.com/tabid/768/ProductID/92/Default.aspx
Wireless Boards (x2) - https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10414
Power Convertor – Don’t remember, it was some off the shelf Buck Switch Mode powersupply with 5V output
coder27 wrote:
Colecago's blog says:
I don’t have the dimensions of the luggage, but here is a build list of the electronics:
Motors and controller- http://www.robotshop.com/drive-system-12-volt.html
Microprocessor board (brains)- https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10744
Ultrasonic Sensors (x3)- http://www.parallax.com/tabid/768/ProductID/92/Default.aspx
Wireless Boards (x2) - https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10414
Power Convertor – Don’t remember, it was some off the shelf Buck Switch Mode powersupply with 5V output
Indeed :-)
As for the portable Pi
Battery - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Y2LJW0/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Charger - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001BEXDRQ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Screen - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045IIZKU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have a project on the back burner right now making a new version of the portable Pi with a custom board which would have the tact switches, direct Pi interface (no teensy), battery charger and boost circuit so it can run off of 2 3.7V cells in parallel almost doubling the capacity. When I'm further along and can talk about it, I will.
Thanks!