Hello, I use linux and I'd like to find an easy program that can help me make schematics. The project I want to do is pretty wild on circuits.
- Ahmed
Hello, I use linux and I'd like to find an easy program that can help me make schematics. The project I want to do is pretty wild on circuits.
- Ahmed
Have a look at Eagle or Fritzing.
I'd suggest taking a look at KiCad: here's a recent 'blog about KiCad at Geek Times. I've never used it myself, but I've read good things about it.
or gEDA http://www.gpleda.org/ there are many choices before you get to expensive ones like Altium, OrCad, Mentor Graphics.
maybe take a look at Comparison of EDA software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for some ideas too..
Fritzing was awesome! I'd like to find a tutorial about it though.
Really the best way to learn is through experimentation.
The following resource may be useful though: http://mad-science.wonderhowto.com/how-to/create-practically-anything-part-1-fritzing-circuit-boards-0135002/
Really the best way to learn is through experimentation.
The following resource may be useful though: http://mad-science.wonderhowto.com/how-to/create-practically-anything-part-1-fritzing-circuit-boards-0135002/
One of the users on the PSOC challenge made his board with Sprint layout: http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/dev_platforms_kits/element14_dev_kits/psoc4_pioneer_kit/blog/2013/12/08/psoc-challange-smart-reflow-oven-main-controller
The same vendor (Abacom) also sells a schematic entry program "sPlan"
A promising newcomer is RazenCAD, which also enables scripting (Python 2.7) http://razencad.com/examples.html