I wanted a machine that would turn on the torch on my phone when my finger was feeling tired. Here's the resulting "voice activated torch"
My daughter has been a youtube fan since she's been young and when she heard I was making a film offered to film it for "Megan TV" so it turned into a family project. As you might guess it took a few attempts to get it to run through to the end.
The stages of the machine are as follows:
- Google AIY - Voice activation
- Marty the Robot - Moves and flips switch
- Raspberry Pi Zero - Switch triggers a sweeping servo
- Toy train - Runs down slope and triggers microswitch
- Relays - Microswitch engages a two relays, one which latches and the other with starts a motor
- Motor with winch
- Lego pivot with touch pen
- Mobile phone with torch app
Overview: All the parts of the machine
Marty and Google: Voice activated robot
Switch and Pi: The Pi Zero detects the change of switch and activates the servo
Switch and servo: A change over switch from an old Lego battery box and a micro servo to push the train
Train: The runaway train went down the track...
Relays: Two relays, one to switch the motor the other the latch the relays on, "emergency off switch" in background
Touch Pen: Capacitive touch pens with grounding cable
Here it is in action on "Megan TV"