Written by Paul Klein
Newark element14 is making its presence known throughout California with the help of billboards, branded bus shelters, customer appreciation events and a wrapped van. Have you seen any of them? They’re all part of a wider Tech Tour which promotes our products and services to the region’s engineering community. If you see our van or an advertisement, take a picture and tweet it using #Ne14TechTour.
Here’s one of several billboards currently up in Southern California:
Our wrapped Newark element14 van:
A recent customer appreciation event with Veris:
As part of Newark element14’s activity, on Tuesday I attended TI’s Tech day in Anaheim, California. The event’s purpose was to have factory resources come in and present solutions to the attendees. We displayed our evaluation boards and talked about the solutions we offer our customers.
More than 300 people came, including TI partners and other distributors, to attend various educational sessions. They were grouped into six categories including:
- Sensors and Solutions
- Signal Chain Design Considerations
- Power Supply Design
- Embedded Processing
- Wireless Connectivity
- Topics included:
The individual sessions included the following, among many others:
- Temperature Sensing Solutions from TI
- Current Sensing Solutions from TI
- C2000 Developments in Digital Power Control
- Getting the most out of your power supply with the right FET Technology
- RF Basics, Tools, Design Overview and Demo
- Internet of Things: TI’s Wireless Connectivity Solutions
- Capacitive Sensing
- High Performance Signal Integrity Issues and Solutions
Wednesday TI hosts another Tech Day event – this time in Santa Barbara. If you’d like to follow along or catch up after the events have taken place, search the hashtag #techdayTI.