Double is the simplest, most elegant way to be somewhere else in the world without flying there. The minimalist design and intuitive touchscreen controls allow you to freely move around without inconveniencing others. You can stay at eye level, whether sitting or standing, by adjusting your height remotely, which makes conversations fluid and real. Retractable kickstands will automatically deploy to conserve power when you are not moving around. Efficient motors and lightweight design give Double the ability to last all day without recharging the battery.
What is it for?
- Offices with multiple locations use Double to communicate with remote teams. Remote workers feel more connected with their colleagues and have more independence around the office.
- School campuses place a Double in each building, enabling potential students to walk the halls and talk to professors. College recruiters use Double to attract new students to their school by offering tours when travel is not possible.
- Retail stores use Double as a mobile kiosk, giving customers more information about the products. Brands offer personal sales representatives and support from remote specialists in a central location.
- Manufacturing facilities offer Double as a service to clients and partners to improve communication and streamline production.
- Doctors visit patients more often amid their busy schedules. Hospitals in remote locations have specialists on-call with Double.
- Families use Double to stay more in touch with relatives across the country.
- Museums and galleries can offer remote tours on Double, so patrons can experience world-renown exhibits from anywhere in the world.
- What do you want to use Double for? firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is it better than existing teleconferencing systems?
Modern teleconferencing would be perfect if every important conversation happened in the conference room. Double allows you to move around and join people in any location, so you can participate in the conversations that happen in the lunch room or at the water fountain. Because Double simply improves upon existing teleconferencing, you can use it in all the same places as those old systems too.
- Venture Beat: "...it’s sleek and beautiful and intelligent. In a word, sexy."
- TechCrunch: "...incredibly creative iPad stand that works as a robotic body double..."
- Core77: "How cool would it be to roam Uffizi..."
- Cult of Mac: "I love the future."
- The Verge: Double Robotics' telepresence robot gives your iPad legs
- electrobeans: iPad mit Füssen: Achtung der Chef kommt! (It's great if you read it with Google Translate)
- 100SHIKI: iPadがあなたのロボットの顔になる『Double Robotics』
- Xataka: Double le pone ruedas a las videoconferencias, y un iPad como cara