What is your favourite part of site on element14? We want to hear from you!
What keeps you coming back to element14? Is it the Ask the Expert section or our Roadtest group? Whatever the reason, we want to hear from you!
Help us improve our site and tell us what you like about element14 and why. By submitting a comment / vote on your favorite part of element14, you will be entered into a free prize draw to win the new !
Make sure you share this with your friends and colleagues that have not yet joined element14 for their chance to win! Plus look out for your name when we announce our prize draw winners! Good luck!
Note: You have to be registered as a member of element14 or log in with your existing account in order to leave a comment/vote.
element14 Site Vote Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- This free prize draw ("the Draw") is run by Premier Farnell plc ("PF").
- By submitting a comment/vote on your favourite part of element14 ("the Site"), all voters ("Voters") will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions ("Terms"). Voters are advised to print and keep safe a copy of the Terms. PF reserves the right to revise the Terms from time to time. Revised Terms will be posted on the Site and it is a condition of entry to the Draw that Voters agree to comply with such amendments from time to time.
- Please address any queries relating to this Draw to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the Draw.
- Only those who leave a comment on the Site as specified on the Site ("Vote") between May 20, 2010 and May 31, 2010 will be entered into the Draw. Votes received after this time will not be entered into the Draw. Voters must be aged 18 or over as at May 31, 2010. Only one Vote per person is allowed.
- No responsibility will be accepted for Votes which are not received for any reason, including technical error.
- The winner will be the first valid entry drawn from all completed Votes. The winner will be drawn using an online random number generator on June 7, 2010. PF's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by email (to the email address provided at the time of registration on the Site) within 28 days of being drawn. To claim his or her prize, the winner must confirm receipt of notification within 5 days of notification by PF. If the winner does not respond in that time period, he or she will be deemed to have waived entitlement to his or her prize and a further winner will be selected at random. Details of the winner will be posted on the Site from June 7, 2010.
- PF reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any winner before the Prize (as defined below) is issued and may require proof of identification and age. If PF suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that a Voter has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in the Terms then the Prize may be withheld or withdrawn or another Prize winner may be selected.
- The prize will be a Hawkboard development kit ("the Prize"). The Prize is non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. PF reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a suitable equivalent and the free goods sent may differ from those advertised. There is no right to any refund in respect of free goods returned.
- The Draw winner must allow details regarding the winning of the Prize to be published in order to claim the Prize.
- PF reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Draw or extend the period of participation as necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control. PF will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the Draw.
- Voters agree to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the Prize.
- Employees, directors, shareholders of any company within the PF group of companies and their direct families (parents, siblings, spouse, partner, children) or agents and/or anyone associated with the running of the Draw are not eligible to enter this Draw.
- Voters shall not be permitted to enter the Draw if by entering into it they may cause PF and/or themselves to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which they are a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which PF or the Voter may be subject. PF reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
- PF respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes or prize money by their employees. The winner must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the Prize.
- The free goods are not supplied with the benefit of any warranties from PF and are only supplied with the benefit of any warranty provided by the manufacturer of the Prize. All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement PF hereby excludes all and any liability arising out of the Draw or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the free goods, even where arising from PF’s negligence.
- PF does not exclude liability under the Terms for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987 or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for PF to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- This Draw and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and Voters irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Draw.