I'm trying out OBS as recording software.
It allows to mix sources on a single screen. In my case:
- laptop camera for my face
- USB cam for the bench, taped to a chair
- 3 windows: DMM display, eLoad display and datasheet in acrobat reader
- record from Jabra wireless headset microphone.
There are some watchouts:
- resizing the windows can make characters too small for reading (see eLoad window)
- my layout is way too busy - less is more
- Better cam for the bench would be appropriate.
- It's not easy to switch in and out screens while recording. It breaks the flow. It may be better to stop recording, select screens, then continue
- No mouse activity highlight (some recorders show an animation when you click the mouse, helps give feedback to the viewer).