element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum 400K Milestone
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 22 replies
  • Subscribers 634 subscribers
  • Views 1807 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • points
  • milestones
Related

400K Milestone

dougw
dougw over 7 years ago

400K+ !

Congratulations shabaz on reaching into uncharted territory above 400,000 points.

There doesn't seem to be much fanfare for this milestone, but it is a monumental achievement nonetheless.

This sets a great example for other members to learn from and emulate.

Keep it up...

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • Andrew J
    Andrew J over 7 years ago

    Awesome.  Invaluable helper and some great, useful projects - I loved building the Cyclops and getting it working to measure the Bombe motor speed. 

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +7 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • shabaz
    shabaz over 7 years ago in reply to Andrew J

    Hi Andrew,

     

    It's exciting seeing your project take shape too currently, so it's awesome you joined the site : ) That's a really cool use for Cyclops that you mention - I could not have predicted it would be used for that! : )

    It's been a couple of years since I went to Bletchley, so will definitely have to visit sometime soon - it must be nice in summer. If I improve the code for it (been meaning to add a feature), I'll bring along a replacement chip for you.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +6 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Andrew J
    Andrew J over 7 years ago in reply to shabaz

    Let me know and I’ll gladly give you a tour around - it’s TNMOC you should visit, on Bletchley Park, rather than Bletchley Park itself, they are separate institutions. 

     

    I’ve been meaning to get into the code and see if I could increase the resolution in some way.  The Bombe motor runs at 600RPM and Cyclops was measuring this at 540 or 600RPM, mostly 540.  Independent check measured it at 580RPM.  As I guess you find, there’s always something else to be done first image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Andrew J
    Andrew J over 7 years ago in reply to shabaz

    That’s brilliant, thanks.  I’d looked quickly at the time to see if there was a quick fix, but then put it to one side as I got on with my project.  I think it will be really useful with the improved accuracy, as the Bombe is full of rotating parts, none of which move particularly fast.  Not just that - the mechanical one we’ve used so far does require someone to stick their hand into the machine to hold it against a rotating rod!  I’ll download the update and let you know how it goes.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • Andrew J
    Andrew J over 7 years ago in reply to shabaz

    That’s brilliant, thanks.  I’d looked quickly at the time to see if there was a quick fix, but then put it to one side as I got on with my project.  I think it will be really useful with the improved accuracy, as the Bombe is full of rotating parts, none of which move particularly fast.  Not just that - the mechanical one we’ve used so far does require someone to stick their hand into the machine to hold it against a rotating rod!  I’ll download the update and let you know how it goes.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube