The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
As they say in Mortal Kombat - "Most Impressive!"
For NMOS CPUS I'd use higher value pull down resistors to cater for the one TTL (or 4 LSTTL) load limit.
If you put an 8 way dip switch in series with R1-R8 and a LED and current limiting resistor on the /HALT pin to VCC you can perform other programs.
Here are some examples to try;
11000011 C3 -> JP C3 C3 (continually loops at address C3C3 through C3C5
01110110 76 -> HALT (Turns the HALT LED on - and Address LEDS still change value (for REFRESH))
00011000 18 18 -> JR (+18) similar to the NOP loop but in bigger steps.
11001001 C9 -> RET
11001101 CD -> CALL CDCD
11010011 DB DB -> IN A,(DB) (If you hook up a LED and current limiting resistor to the /IORQ line to VCC - it should blink)
10101010 10 10 -> DJNZ +10