The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
Omg. Doesn't sound like much, but I actually have a working serial interface working with basic working. Thanks for everyone's help but asking my somewhat dumb questions.
Where do you people usually get your components and parts from? I live in Connecticut, USA. I have been ordering from jameco. They are located in California. Shipping is usually 4-5 days. Mouser is closer being in the mid West . Also digikey is in the same location. What area your experiences with these places or others in the us? Shipping is usually $5 from jameco.
Thank you again. I'm sure I'll have more questions, but I finally have something working and doing something.
That's really quick to write your own BASIC!
Did you know that 8080 Microsoft BASIC was written on a PDP-10?
Please post some pics, vids and schematic diagrams of your new system in action.
I get many of my components from Element14!
I hunt around for obsolete components that are not stocked by Element14 but beware of Chinese counterfeits!
That's really quick to write your own BASIC!
Did you know that 8080 Microsoft BASIC was written on a PDP-10?
Please post some pics, vids and schematic diagrams of your new system in action.
I get many of my components from Element14!
I hunt around for obsolete components that are not stocked by Element14 but beware of Chinese counterfeits!
Hi everyone,
I stumbled on these old beauties today,
Good ole 68,000uF 16VW capacitors with screw terminals as used for S-100 Bus systems.
These capacitors are the size of Soda Pop Cans and are used as filter capacitors for the unregulated +8V power supply.
Back in this era the power supplies were comprised of a giant transformer, full wave diode bridges and large filter caps.
Transformers had 3 sets of secondary windings. One for 8V with a large current rating (anywhere between 5-30A) and two 12V outputs with about a 1A current rating.
Every S-100 board had its own onboard voltage regulators that decanted power from the common -12V, +12V and + 8 V power supply lines.
It could take next to forever for an unpopulated S-100 frame for the power to dissipate. It was common to install bleeder resistors across these capacitors on test S-100 power supplies for faster power dissipation.