The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
The Z80 is still manufactured today and I was wondering whether there is any interest for a community or discussion group.
I have a couple but I'm working with the z80b. I have everything working with a manual clock along with a555 time clock running at 20 hz. Above that it is too fast to figure out what itit doing . The can oscillator i have is a 7.something. It will drive a baud generator on a serial interface, but I think it is too fast for the 6850. I have a z8470 dart too and ordered a few things last night. I might try timing a 555 timer to generate a baud need nothin more than 2400 or even 1200 at the moment. I'm not sure how exact the baud generator needs to be to work with a terminal.
Apparently that awful clock voltage gives all sorts of problems in old spectrums.
Anyway not sure if that what was specified or just what it would put up with!?!
Apparently that awful clock voltage gives all sorts of problems in old spectrums.
Anyway not sure if that what was specified or just what it would put up with!?!