element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum What's a good snack?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 61 replies
  • Subscribers 635 subscribers
  • Views 7832 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • snacks
Related

What's a good snack?

cstanton
cstanton over 5 years ago

The supermarkets here in the UK are filled with clementines, and for some reason I can't get enough of them, seriously, I have a pile of 5-6 bags of them and... they're gone in a couple of days, something about that sweet tangyness flavour that just hits the spot right now.

 

For some there're different categories of snacks:

 

- Sweet

- Sour

- Savoury

- Umami

- Sugary

- Gooey

- Salty

- Cold

- Hot

 

For a sweet snack, I gravitate towards Terrys Dark Chocolate Orange... (there may be a theme here), sour is usually Haribo Tangfastics! Savoury, something like Doritos, and sugary I haven't really touched on sugary for a long while, but in my advent calendar I'm getting Haribo so that counts, right?

 

Gooey can't beat a good soft cookie though.

 

What do you like?

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • beacon_dave
    beacon_dave over 5 years ago in reply to cstanton

    Their 'Extra Special Smoked Mixed Nuts' are rather nice but as you say, the price...

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • wolfgangfriedrich
    wolfgangfriedrich over 5 years ago in reply to shabaz

    And it is really hard to grow your own nuts. In the yard, on trees. image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • shabaz
    shabaz over 5 years ago in reply to cstanton

    I've never understood why nuts are so expensive! A fairly tiny pack can cost £6 : ( Often the single most expensive item during grocery shopping.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • cstanton
    cstanton over 5 years ago in reply to genebren

    Mmm, I can get behind this, a favourite of mine has been salt and pepper cashews from Asda, but the price of them is definitely unfair! Due to IBD I also watch what I eat, so it can be quite a balancing act. Well done on your diet maintenance!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • cstanton
    cstanton over 5 years ago in reply to beacon_dave

    While these days I sometimes simply pry it apart with my hands, previously I've used... the cupboard door, the wall.. the floor, and in a past job, my co-worker would enjoy kicking it with his martial arts techniques.

     

    This is obviously an opportunity for other sciences and engineering image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +5 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • 14rhb
    14rhb over 5 years ago in reply to beacon_dave

    That's perfect image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • beacon_dave
    beacon_dave over 5 years ago in reply to 14rhb

    "...maybe someone could build a Chocolate Orange Tapping Machine?..."

    hmmm... I knew one of these would come in handy...

    How to set up the TM3 Tapping Machine - YouTube

     

    You don't have permission to edit metadata of this video.
    Edit media
    x
    image
    Upload Preview
    image

     

    5 oranges at once...

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +6 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • genebren
    genebren over 5 years ago

    I have been a recovering diabetic for most of my adult life.  When diagnosed, the doctor wanted me to inject insulin.  I discussed this with the nutritionist that had sent me to the doctor to have my blood sugars tested and she suggested that I try to modify my eating habits.  I removed all sources of sugar and developed a habit of eating and snacking on healthy foods.  Presently my doctor says that I have no indications of diabetes in my blood work.

     

    My snack preferences lean towards the salty (unfortunately pushing my blood pressure) and if possible spicy items.  I prefer trail mixes (mixed nuts and some fruits), chips and fresh fruits and vegetables.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +9 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • fmilburn
    fmilburn over 5 years ago in reply to 14rhb

    I haven’t had pickled eggs in years - need to try making them image

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +3 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • 14rhb
    14rhb over 5 years ago in reply to beacon_dave

    Perfect tool...maybe someone could build a Chocolate Orange Tapping Machine? Maybe it could use the TinyML or Arduino Nano Sense to undertake some Machine Learning to crack it perfectly, separating every segment each time? It would need a lot of tests so I'd volunteer to help in those stages of developmentimage

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +4 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
<>
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube