During every Zoom meeting phrases like this seem to pop up at least once "Sorry, I was on mute" or "can you repeat the question, the audio was cutting out?"
But what is going on in the background?
People often pop into my office to tell me something or discuss something while I am "muted' on a conference call, and I have to listen to each conversation with one ear and respond appropriately when somebody on the call asks me something.....
My "one-track" mind has a problem with this, so I am looking for new excuses for inattention. Anybody have any good ones?
I was browsing through the news app this morning. I think I read something like "stray cat brings in another stray cat", or something.
"Sorry, a stray cat who comes around sometimes just came around with another stray cat"
There is the bonus in that you can re-use that one and even 'dial it up' a little bit if needs be: "...the cat's just brought in the neighbour..."