element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum What do I say? Help me out...
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 13 replies
  • Subscribers 631 subscribers
  • Views 2160 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • community
Related

What do I say? Help me out...

cstanton
cstanton over 5 years ago

Last week I had to take some time out of work for a hospital appointment (I'm ok, don't worry) for a check up, and to ease the anxiety and stress of it I get into some idle chat with the medical staff (they're pretty awesome) and partly to pass the time.

 

Part of the discussion comes up where I'm asked:

 

"What do you do for work?"

 

And I explain I'm part of a team that works on the element14 Community, and then that's where the difficulty starts.

 

"What's the element14 Community?"

 

And I'm like... well, where do I start to describe what the element14 Community is to someone else? Just what do I say?

 

I figured I'd ask you fellow members, what do you say when you/how do you describe the element14 Community to other people?

 

Because I feel like I need some help here.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • fmilburn
    fmilburn over 5 years ago

    If limited to a word or two I would call it an electronics forum although that does not capture the full breadth.  The range of topics, contests, educational material, and projects is huge. But what distinguishes it from others is the welcoming and non-judgmental nature of the members. I have been amazed and humbled by the encouragement, advice and suggestions given to me over the years on my projects and learning journey.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +12 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • 14rhb
    14rhb over 5 years ago

    Something like:

     

    "I oversee aspects of an international online forum for all disciplines of engineering that is provided by a company called Avnet, who are one of the biggest global distributors of electronic and engineering components. The forum is free to anyone to sign up and share ideas and thoughts. It's really friendly and often refered to as an online community...you should check it out sometime if you are interested. We've often got several free online courses or fun competitions running at any given time."

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +9 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • kmikemoo
    kmikemoo over 5 years ago

    cstanton   When I refer to e14, I call it an electronics forum.  I think "forum" captures the online aspect and the exchange of information aspect.  "Community" still means "in-person" to a lot of folks I deal with.  I tell them it's everything from programming to building electronic gadgets - because I typically speak to people that do electronics as a hobby more so than a day job.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +11 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
<
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube