element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Another New member..YAAHHH!!!
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 16 replies
  • Subscribers 635 subscribers
  • Views 1212 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • new_member_introduction
Related

Another New member..YAAHHH!!!

xgen69
xgen69 over 10 years ago

Hey EVERYONE!!,

I am on a new quest this year to explore, learn, and develop with the Arduino platform and components. I have already seen a few tutorials by Jeremy Blum on YouTube and know that the Arduino can be used to create light shows. This is my main quest! To create an awesome Christmas Light Show as well as learn other possibilities that I might just use around the house here. I am experienced in computers and have an intermediate understanding with programming(MS Visual Studio - last used in 2005). My problem will most likely be learning the electrical side of Arduino and how to put it all together. I hope I can really learn a lot and create this by November. Working full-time like we all do, it can be difficult to manage. I look forward to making the best effort and learning and collaborating with perhaps some of you on issues and concerns. Thanks for listening! Let's have a great year!


David

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • jw0752
    jw0752 over 10 years ago

    Hi David,

    Are you aware of Jeremy's  book " Exploring Arduino" I found it to be an excellent guide to many of the capabilities of the Arduino. He did a good job with teaching the electronics as well as the programming. Check out his site if you are interested.

     

    http://www.exploringarduino.com/buy/

     

    Welcome to E-14

    John

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to jw0752

    Actually, I came across his YouTube tutorials and that is how I turned up here. I am just getting into Arduino so, I am reading and watching videos right now before diving into it hard.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • xgen69
    xgen69 over 10 years ago in reply to jw0752

    Actually, I came across his YouTube tutorials and that is how I turned up here. I am just getting into Arduino so, I am reading and watching videos right now before diving into it hard.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
No Data
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube