element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products and Partners
    Products and Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum In the Tesla Club
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 45 replies
  • Subscribers 636 subscribers
  • Views 4446 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • members
  • nikola_tesla
  • tesla
  • points
  • badges
  • levels
Related

In the Tesla Club

spannerspencer
spannerspencer over 10 years ago

tumblr_nahigwzu991ry46hlo1_500.gifHi guys!

 

I just wrote a reply to a discussion, and noticed that I'm now in the Level 8: Telsa club! If I'm honest I haven't been keeping a close eye on my points and levels and badges and such (always too busy posting the docs about getting points and levels and badges and such! image), but I wrote that quick post and there was Nikola staring back at me!

 

It also made me wonder about the general reaction to climbing levels -- do you just let them come as your points rack up naturally, or do you actively make an effort to reach the next level?

 

If you don't really watch the levels, what would make them of more interest to you?

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • gadget.iom
    gadget.iom over 10 years ago

    For the reasons mentioned above I too don't seem to watch too carefully.

     

    The suggestion about holding back high-value road tests to people above a certain tier sounds like a good one.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • gadget.iom
    gadget.iom over 10 years ago

    For the reasons mentioned above I too don't seem to watch too carefully.

     

    The suggestion about holding back high-value road tests to people above a certain tier sounds like a good one.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +2 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • jkutzsch
    jkutzsch over 10 years ago in reply to gadget.iom

    Curious on why it would be advantageous to Element14 to limit any road tests or similar to an "Elite" level instead of the current process of allowing all to enter and then the Element14 staff appropriately deciding based on criteria.

     

    I assume that one of the elements considered would be current standing of a member when the road tests are being judged so a level 8 member applying will automatically have a higher rating for a road test compared to a level 2.  If an idea offered by a level 2 member is so incredible that Element 14 decides it warrants the opportunity above a level 8 member, why should that idea never be allowed it's chance to even be voiced?

     

    I love reading all of the great ideas submitted by all levels and member participation is key to keeping new blood coming in.  From what I have seen from the higher level members I would think the only reason they might not get a road test would be because they felt they were too busy, some seriously knowledgeable people here have put in the time and it is great.  I really like how repeatedly I have seen high level members offer to assist anyone when they are in the various stages of processing ideas.

     

    As a newer member I really enjoy the badges Element 14 comes up with.  The points happen as they happen, because quite honestly, how can I realistically try to "compete" against members that have years on me within this site?  ;-)  Seriously though, I really like the badges and when you have tied in neat things like the Chinese New Year I think it has greatly increased conversation and idea sharing!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube