element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products & Partners
    Products & Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum New member Mats Önnerby introduction
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 1 reply
  • Subscribers 630 subscribers
  • Views 238 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

New member Mats Önnerby introduction

e14 Contributor
e14 Contributor over 13 years ago

Hi

 

The introduction letter asked me to write a little about myself.

 

I'm 50 year old and work as an IT specialist in at a food processing company. As a hobby I play with electronics and embedded systems.

In 2005 I created some robots. My first robot used a Basic Stamp. The second robot also used the Basic Stamp, but I needed more I/O and A/D conversion.

So I built a new board based on the Atmel ATMega163 that I used on the robot.

After the robot was finised, I started to work on a completley different project. I started to restore an old Ford Thunderbird 1964.

That project is now almost finished, so I'm returning back to electronics again.

My current project is that I'm trying to build a 3-phase motor driver that can drive a small 1kw motor. The motor is not really a motor but a modified car alternator.

I modified the alternator by removing the rectifier diodes and the voltage regulator. So now I have a 3-phase motor with an electroncic magnet as a rotor.

To get it to work I need to create a rotating magnetic field the same way as if it was an induction motor.

So I'm now creating a board with an Ardino, a driver circuit and 6 MOSFET transistors.

To do that I downloaded Eagle and started to use it. However the components I needed were not in the standard libraries of Eagle. So I started to search for more libraries, and that's how I ended up here.

 

/Mats Önnerby

 


  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
  • element14jamie
    element14jamie over 12 years ago

    Hello Mats,

    Welcome to the Community, we hope you are enjoying it so far!  You may enjoy the Eagle Area or the Arduino area of the Community.

     

     

    Thank you,

     

    Jamie

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube