element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products & Partners
    Products & Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Hi from Canada
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 14 replies
  • Subscribers 635 subscribers
  • Views 1224 views
  • Users 0 members are here
  • new_member_introduction
Related

Hi from Canada

e14 Contributor
e14 Contributor over 11 years ago

Hi!

 

I just joined the website. I have been enjoying Ben's youtube videos and learning lots from him.

 

I am a 1st year biomedical engineering student. I have a 3D printer and am getting one with a  dual extruder soon.

 

I love to take things apart to see how they work and to fix things around the house.

 

I am looking forward to trying some of Ben's projects and connecting with people on the site.

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • michaelwylie
    michaelwylie over 11 years ago

    What made you choose Biomedical Engineering?

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • e14 Contributor
    e14 Contributor over 11 years ago in reply to michaelwylie

    Thank you for your question, Mike.

     

    Engineering has always been the obvious choice for me as I'm good in science and math and have always enjoyed taking things apart, fixing things and coming up with new ideas.

     

    I also worked in health care for many years and this sparked my interest in biomedical engineering. I had previously taken engineering in university, but didn't know what direction to take after graduation. Once I found out about biomedical engineering, it seemed like an obvious choice. I wanted to do something deeply meaningful and with biomedical engineering you are fixing/designing equipment that will help people live better lives.

     

    The program I'm in is good because it's only 2 years and then you can work in a hospital repairing equipment and making good money. I hope to take it further than that and work in R&D, but for now, the goal is to finish the program.

     

    How about you, Mike? What are your degrees in and what field are you working in now?

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • e14 Contributor
    e14 Contributor over 11 years ago in reply to michaelwylie

    Thank you for your question, Mike.

     

    Engineering has always been the obvious choice for me as I'm good in science and math and have always enjoyed taking things apart, fixing things and coming up with new ideas.

     

    I also worked in health care for many years and this sparked my interest in biomedical engineering. I had previously taken engineering in university, but didn't know what direction to take after graduation. Once I found out about biomedical engineering, it seemed like an obvious choice. I wanted to do something deeply meaningful and with biomedical engineering you are fixing/designing equipment that will help people live better lives.

     

    The program I'm in is good because it's only 2 years and then you can work in a hospital repairing equipment and making good money. I hope to take it further than that and work in R&D, but for now, the goal is to finish the program.

     

    How about you, Mike? What are your degrees in and what field are you working in now?

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • michaelwylie
    michaelwylie over 11 years ago in reply to e14 Contributor

    My degrees are all Electrical Engineering related. I currently design particle counters and gas meters.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube