element14 Community
element14 Community
    Register Log In
  • Site
  • Search
  • Log In Register
  • Community Hub
    Community Hub
    • What's New on element14
    • Feedback and Support
    • Benefits of Membership
    • Personal Blogs
    • Members Area
    • Achievement Levels
  • Learn
    Learn
    • Ask an Expert
    • eBooks
    • element14 presents
    • Learning Center
    • Tech Spotlight
    • STEM Academy
    • Webinars, Training and Events
    • Learning Groups
  • Technologies
    Technologies
    • 3D Printing
    • FPGA
    • Industrial Automation
    • Internet of Things
    • Power & Energy
    • Sensors
    • Technology Groups
  • Challenges & Projects
    Challenges & Projects
    • Design Challenges
    • element14 presents Projects
    • Project14
    • Arduino Projects
    • Raspberry Pi Projects
    • Project Groups
  • Products & Partners
    Products & Partners
    • Arduino
    • Avnet & Tria Boards Community
    • Dev Tools
    • Manufacturers
    • Multicomp Pro
    • Product Groups
    • Raspberry Pi
    • RoadTests & Reviews
  • About Us
    About the element14 Community
  • Store
    Store
    • Visit Your Store
    • Choose another store...
      • Europe
      •  Austria (German)
      •  Belgium (Dutch, French)
      •  Bulgaria (Bulgarian)
      •  Czech Republic (Czech)
      •  Denmark (Danish)
      •  Estonia (Estonian)
      •  Finland (Finnish)
      •  France (French)
      •  Germany (German)
      •  Hungary (Hungarian)
      •  Ireland
      •  Israel
      •  Italy (Italian)
      •  Latvia (Latvian)
      •  
      •  Lithuania (Lithuanian)
      •  Netherlands (Dutch)
      •  Norway (Norwegian)
      •  Poland (Polish)
      •  Portugal (Portuguese)
      •  Romania (Romanian)
      •  Russia (Russian)
      •  Slovakia (Slovak)
      •  Slovenia (Slovenian)
      •  Spain (Spanish)
      •  Sweden (Swedish)
      •  Switzerland(German, French)
      •  Turkey (Turkish)
      •  United Kingdom
      • Asia Pacific
      •  Australia
      •  China
      •  Hong Kong
      •  India
      •  Japan
      •  Korea (Korean)
      •  Malaysia
      •  New Zealand
      •  Philippines
      •  Singapore
      •  Taiwan
      •  Thailand (Thai)
      •  Vietnam
      • Americas
      •  Brazil (Portuguese)
      •  Canada
      •  Mexico (Spanish)
      •  United States
      Can't find the country/region you're looking for? Visit our export site or find a local distributor.
  • Translate
  • Profile
  • Settings
Community Hub
Community Hub
Member's Forum Any members of the Intel and Windows Dev Program for IoT on here ?
  • Blog
  • Forum
  • Documents
  • Quiz
  • Events
  • Leaderboard
  • Polls
  • Files
  • Members
  • Mentions
  • Sub-Groups
  • Tags
  • More
  • Cancel
  • New
Join Community Hub to participate - click to join for free!
Actions
  • Share
  • More
  • Cancel
Forum Thread Details
  • Replies 8 replies
  • Subscribers 632 subscribers
  • Views 707 views
  • Users 0 members are here
Related

Any members of the Intel and Windows Dev Program for IoT on here ?

adammiltonbarker
adammiltonbarker over 11 years ago

Hi guys I am involved in the Intel and Windows Developer Programs for IoT just wondering if anyone on here is part of the programs will be great to catch up and share ideas. For a bit of background on myself and my involvement with technology in general you can check out my website:

 

https://www.techbubble.info

  • Sign in to reply
  • Cancel
Parents
  • nlarson
    nlarson over 11 years ago

    Internet of Things - adammiltonbarker is intested if anyone is a member of the Intel and Windows Dev program for IoT?  Reply to this post if you're interested in connecting!

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Robert Peter Oakes
    Robert Peter Oakes over 11 years ago in reply to nlarson

    I am a member and am waiting for them to release software etc to start playing

     

     

     

    I am in the process of gathering their new set of open source software and tool sets to learn as I have been an avid .NET C# programmer for the last 15 years or more

     

     

     

    Peter

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • adammiltonbarker
    adammiltonbarker over 11 years ago in reply to Robert Peter Oakes

    Hi Peter. Which program are you part of ? Most of the software is available now for you to download or do you mean the Windows 10 software ?

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • adammiltonbarker
    adammiltonbarker over 11 years ago in reply to Robert Peter Oakes

    You can develop on Intel Galileo anyway. I was a lucky one to receive the board from Microsoft but prior to that I had already bought a Galileo which runs Linux.

    :

    Arduino - IntelGalileo

    https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22192

    https://communities.intel.com/community/makers

     

    or you can dive straight into the developer kit for IoT, again running on Linux and using various sensors provided by the kit.

     

    https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot

     

    For Windows you can purchase a normal Galileo and download the software but they aren't giving out any kits for now but I think I am right in saying that you can still get the OS etc and use the docs and examples

     

    https://ms-iot.github.io/content/SetupGalileo.htm

     

    http://ms-iot.github.io/content/WelcomeAndFAQ.htm

     

    Q: Is the Windows Developer Program for IoT still open? Can I get in?
    A: We’ve been overwhelmed by the public response and we’ve already received more requests for kits than we have inventory for this first round. You can still signup at WindowsOnDevices.com to join the program and continue to learn more about the program as it continues.

     

    Q: I didn’t sign up for the developer preview. Can I buy an Intel Galileo and install Windows?
    A: Yes you can! Please see bought or updating your Intel Galileo

     

    Hope this helps you a bit let me know how you get on.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
  • Robert Peter Oakes
    Robert Peter Oakes over 11 years ago in reply to adammiltonbarker

    I tried to be part of the Galileo but was not selected, I am also waiting on the release of Windows 10 to try out on the PI but not holding my breath

     

    I have been an MSDN subscriber for nearly 15 years and an MCSD for just as long, all my career has been primarily with MS technologies and the last few years I have been working more and more with embedded stuff (Not the day job, that's now migrating to the IBM Stack) but evenings and weekends working with the E14 community and on my own YouTube channel. I am looking forward to the option of running windows on an embedded platform as I will be able to leverage my C# skills and hope to produce a few good apps soon after

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Reply
  • Robert Peter Oakes
    Robert Peter Oakes over 11 years ago in reply to adammiltonbarker

    I tried to be part of the Galileo but was not selected, I am also waiting on the release of Windows 10 to try out on the PI but not holding my breath

     

    I have been an MSDN subscriber for nearly 15 years and an MCSD for just as long, all my career has been primarily with MS technologies and the last few years I have been working more and more with embedded stuff (Not the day job, that's now migrating to the IBM Stack) but evenings and weekends working with the E14 community and on my own YouTube channel. I am looking forward to the option of running windows on an embedded platform as I will be able to leverage my C# skills and hope to produce a few good apps soon after

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up +1 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
Children
  • adammiltonbarker
    adammiltonbarker over 11 years ago in reply to Robert Peter Oakes

    You can develop on Intel Galileo anyway. I was a lucky one to receive the board from Microsoft but prior to that I had already bought a Galileo which runs Linux.

    :

    Arduino - IntelGalileo

    https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-22192

    https://communities.intel.com/community/makers

     

    or you can dive straight into the developer kit for IoT, again running on Linux and using various sensors provided by the kit.

     

    https://software.intel.com/en-us/iot

     

    For Windows you can purchase a normal Galileo and download the software but they aren't giving out any kits for now but I think I am right in saying that you can still get the OS etc and use the docs and examples

     

    https://ms-iot.github.io/content/SetupGalileo.htm

     

    http://ms-iot.github.io/content/WelcomeAndFAQ.htm

     

    Q: Is the Windows Developer Program for IoT still open? Can I get in?
    A: We’ve been overwhelmed by the public response and we’ve already received more requests for kits than we have inventory for this first round. You can still signup at WindowsOnDevices.com to join the program and continue to learn more about the program as it continues.

     

    Q: I didn’t sign up for the developer preview. Can I buy an Intel Galileo and install Windows?
    A: Yes you can! Please see bought or updating your Intel Galileo

     

    Hope this helps you a bit let me know how you get on.

    • Cancel
    • Vote Up 0 Vote Down
    • Sign in to reply
    • Cancel
element14 Community

element14 is the first online community specifically for engineers. Connect with your peers and get expert answers to your questions.

  • Members
  • Learn
  • Technologies
  • Challenges & Projects
  • Products
  • Store
  • About Us
  • Feedback & Support
  • FAQs
  • Terms of Use
  • Privacy Policy
  • Legal and Copyright Notices
  • Sitemap
  • Cookies

An Avnet Company © 2026 Premier Farnell Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Premier Farnell Ltd, registered in England and Wales (no 00876412), registered office: Farnell House, Forge Lane, Leeds LS12 2NE.

Follow element14

  • X
  • Facebook
  • linkedin
  • YouTube