I'm trying to be a game designer but I am not sure what programs and specs in a computer i'll need
I'm trying to be a game designer but I am not sure what programs and specs in a computer i'll need
Given that you're only recently getting started, I think you'd do really well to give something like Construct 2 a try. It doesn't need a high spec computer to use it, and you don't even need to know any coding (although it wouldn't hurt to pick some up as you go).
And best of all, it's free! Very intuitive to use, and it's ideal for the kind of games you mentioned, so long as you don't mind giving them a retro angle (it's a 2D engine, but perfect for "pixel art" style games). Building maps, like dungeons and similar, is very easy. You might out grow it fairly quickly, but at least by that point you'll have developed some strong game design chops.
Let me know how it goes if you give it a shot!
Given that you're only recently getting started, I think you'd do really well to give something like Construct 2 a try. It doesn't need a high spec computer to use it, and you don't even need to know any coding (although it wouldn't hurt to pick some up as you go).
And best of all, it's free! Very intuitive to use, and it's ideal for the kind of games you mentioned, so long as you don't mind giving them a retro angle (it's a 2D engine, but perfect for "pixel art" style games). Building maps, like dungeons and similar, is very easy. You might out grow it fairly quickly, but at least by that point you'll have developed some strong game design chops.
Let me know how it goes if you give it a shot!