Where to get beaglebone Debian distribution ? How to install python,matplotlib,tkinter,tk.
Where to get beaglebone Debian distribution ? How to install python,matplotlib,tkinter,tk.
I misspoke. I can now install matplotlib but I get the error:
"from matplotlib.backends import _tkagg
ImportError: cannot import name _tkagg"
when I try to run my Python code. So apparently I don't have tkinter or tk or something installed and can't figure out how to get it.
John
Thanks Clem. My BBB came with Debian bone47. I was able to run my Python code that has a GUI using Matplotlib, Tkinter, etc with a graph, buttons, text boxes and all that. I have the 4D Systems 4DCAPE attached to my BBB.
Then I was trying to use the Adafruit BBIO for PWM and ADC but had problems so flashed the BBB with a newer Debian, bone79, and since then haven't been able to get my Python program to run. I couldn't install Tkinter and tk etc. Now I cannot even install Matplotlib: when I try to install it, I get an error that Matplotlib cannot be found. Now I am trying to install Python, Matplotlib, Tkinter, tk etc on the Debian bone50, it's 3.8.13 bone50.
I ran these steps but get error:
"from matplotlib.backends import _tkagg
ImportError: cannot import name _tkagg"
So I'm still dead-in-the-water. That tkagg seems to be the problem and cannot find a solution. I found suggetsions from stackoverflow but their suggestions don't seem to help (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32188180/from-matplotlib-backends-import-tkagg-importerror-cannot-import-name-tkagg/3…)).
With internet connection:
sudo apt-get install python
sudo apt-get install python-numpy
sudo ntpdate pool.ntp.org
sudo apt-get update
sudo.apt-get install build-essential python-dev python-setuptools python-smbus -y
which dtc
sudo pip install matplotlib
sudo apt-get install python-tk
sudo apt-get install tk-dev
sudo apt-get update && apt-get install python-serial python-setuptools python-dev python-smbus python-pip
pip install --upgrade PyBBIO
John
After building a Debian system, you should have python.The others will be updated when you use Linux package manager called aptitude. Read about and ask if you get stuck.
Clem
Check BeagleBoard.org - latest-images for download of images. I would try one without using eMMC first and verify it works. Once you flash, no way to go back without a re-flash. Directions are here -> https://beagleboard.org/getting-started#update. Read first and understand. Then try. Post here if you have any doubts.
Clem